Public Prevention of Pneumonia Caused by Novel Coronavirus
The pneumonia caused by novel coronavirus is a newly-found disease from which the public should strengthen prevention. In order to help foreigners understand and master the relevant knowledge of prevention, National Immigration Administration has compiled and translated this guide according to the Public Prevention Notes provided by the Chinese Center for Disease Control and Prevention.
1. Reduce outdoor activities as much as possible
1. Avoid visiting areas where the disease is prevalent.
2. It is recommended to make less visits to relatives and friends and dining together during the epidemic prevention and control, and stay at home as much as possible.
3. Try to avoid visits to crowded public areas, especially places of poor ventilation, such as public bathrooms, hot springs, cinemas, internet bars, Karaokes, shopping malls, bus/train stations, airports, ferry terminals and exhibition centers, etc.
II. Personal Protection and Hand Hygiene
1. It is recommended that a mask shall be worn when going out. A surgical or N95 mask shall be worn when visiting public areas, hospitals or taking public transportation.
2. Keep your hands sanitized. Try to avoid touching public objects and parts in public areas. After returning from public areas, covering your cough, using the restroom, and before meals, please wash your hands with soap or liquid soap under running water, or use alcoholic hand sanitizer. Avoid touching your mouth, nose or eyes when you are unsure whether your hands are clean or not. Cover your mouth and nose with your elbow when sneeze or cough.
III. Health Monitoring and Seeking Medical Attention
1. Monitor the health conditions of your family members and yourself. Measure your temperatures when you feel like having a fever. If you have kid(s) at home, touch the kid's forehead in the morning and at night. Measure the kid's temperature in case of fever.